Seniors Abbey Shepard, Joey Malia, and Aleenia R.
Harrison Ezar

TO THE CLASS OF 2024

PARK’S PEOPLE

As a senior myself, I understand the expectation, hopes and memories Lincoln Park seniors are wishing for in the school year of 2023-2024. I thought that the perfect way to kick off the end of our high school careers would be to spotlight a few seniors on what they want their journey to be this year.

“Do you have a project that you’d like to finish by graduation?”

Abbey Shepard: I don’t have anything specific in my mind, but just a whole piece of writing, most likely being a short story or lyrics for a song. I’ve always wanted to have a finished product that I could be proud of and want to share.

Joey Malia: Of course my main goal as a senior media student is to complete my portfolio and present it. However, I’ve also been planning out a short animation that involves the concept of MRI scans.

Vinnie DePaula: I don’t have a project I want to finish, but I want to win another state championship for basketball.

Aleenia R: Although it’s a requirement, a project I really want to finish is my pre-law portfolio. My work in the department is something I really value and pride myself on, being able to talk about and show the effort I put into my speeches or mock trial documents.

“What legacy or memory do you want to leave behind at LPPACS?”

Aleenia R: The legacy or memory I want to leave behind are the values and morals that we should be holding as a school and as individuals.

Duncan: I want people to remember me as friendly, and I hope I help a lot more people to feel included.

Malia: As someone with a lot of medical issues, I’ve had to do a lot of negotiating to get my environment working for me. I suppose I’d like other disabled kids to use my knowledge to help them become comfortable and best acclimated to their learning environments.

“Are you going to participate in anything new to you for your last year of high school?”

DePaula: I want to go see a show at Lincoln Park. I’ve never got a chance to make it out to one.

Duncan: I might try a sport or tech a show. I signed up for Peer Pals and STEM Club which I’ve never done before.

Shepard: Ever since I joined LP I’ve always wanted to do something involving theater, and I hope to this year!

“What do you want to accomplish after high school? Did LPPACS help you get closer to that plan?”

DePaula: I want to play basketball in college but most importantly get accepted and attend a good academic college. Lincoln Park has helped me become well rounded in all aspects throughout my schooling here.

Malia: My plan isn’t to go directly to art school, but rather take a year at CCBC to get my Gen-Ed out of the way, then look towards an art school in the future. I think LPPACS definitely taught me that not everyone is going to follow the same path, and that I need some time before art school.

Aleenia R: Mrs. Frank has really helped me feel more prepared in achieving my goals of getting an English degree and pursuing law school.

Shepard: Overall, after high school I want to be proud of my career and do what I enjoy.

“Do you have a senior prank idea?”

Both seniors interviewed for this question chose not to be named, and have decided to be anonymous.

Student one said, “Me and a large group are talking about dressing wildly inappropriate to get dress coded so we can see if they’ll give us all a LP cover up or if they’ll have to let us go.”

Student two said, “Me and [redacted] will figure something out.”

To the class of 2024, may this be the senior year you are hoping for. To all the people of Lincoln Park, or Park’s People, if you don’t mind my not so subtle branding, I wish you all the best.