Welcome to the new year! Here’s some books coming out this year that I’m most excited for. (Some of these books have already been released! Check them out!)
- Happy Place by Emily Henry is a book about a broken up couple who pretend to stay together for their annual weeklong vacation with their best friends.
- This book is a rom-com set in Maine and is set to release April 25, 2023
- Secretly Yours: A Novel by Tessa Bailey is about a starchy professor and the bubbly neighbor he clashes with at every turn. Hallie Welch fell hard for Julian Vos at 14 after they almost kissed in the dark vineyards of his family’s winery.
- This novel is a rom-com coming sometime in 2023 as there is not a set date yet.
- The Villa by Rachel Hawkins is a gothic suspense book that takes place in an Italian Villa. Emily and Chess were inseparable, but by their 30s their bond had been strained by demands of their adult lives. When Chess suggests a girls trip to Italy, Emily jumps at the chance to reconnect with her best friend.
- If you are a history fan and a fan of Lucy Foley and Ruth Ware, then this book is for you.
- This book is set to come out on January 3, 2023.
- Another Dimension of Us by Mike Albo is a combination of The Breakfast Club meets Brit Marling’s The OA. In this thrilling science fiction story that is about teens from the past and the future who travel across the astral plane and save the ones they love.
- The release date for this book is January 17, 2023.
- This One’s for You by Kate Sweeney is a book about two ex-best friends, Cass and Syd, on a life-altering road trip following the reunion tour of the Darlas, the band Cass’s mom was in before she died
- Perfect for fans of Nina LaCour, Mary H.K Choi, and Jandy Nelson.
- This book is set to release on February 7, 2023.
- When You Wish Upon a Lantern by Gloria Chao is a book about real-world magic; in this luminous romance, teens who devoted themselves to granting other people’s wishes are too afraid to let themselves have their own desires and wishes.
- Release date for this book is February 14, 2023.
- Nightbirds by Kate J. Armstrong is a new fantasy world full of whispered secrets and political intrigue. The magic of women is outlawed but four girls with unusual powers have the chance to change it all.
- This book is set to release on February 28, 2023.
These are all of the books coming out this year that I’m most looking forward to. Let me know in the comments if any of these books interest you!