Here are my top five favorite books in order, that are either mainly based around the LGBTQ and or have the LGBTQ within the stories. Let me know below if you have or are going to read any of these.
- One Last Stop by Casey McQuinston is a new adult romance novel about August who is bisexual and a former amateur detective, who moved to New York in hopes of finding herself. Fumbling through her awkward life while falling in love with Jane, a Chinese lesbian who is lost in time and managing her waitressing job at a pancake diner.
- Last Night At The Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo is a young adult novel about Lily Hu, the teenage daughter of Chinese immigrants who is discovering her sexuality in Chinatown during the Red Scare.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid is a novel about Monique Grant who interviews 79-year-old Evelyn Hugo (who had asked for her,) and ends up finding out why she really had seven husbands in the end.
- Heartstopper, by Alice Oseman, is a graphic novel series following the life of Charlie Spring and Nick Nelson who is discovering his sexuality. As it is a series each book follows a different issue following the two boys and sometimes shifting to their friends.
- She Gets The Girl by Alyson Derrick and Rachael Lippincott is a young adult novel following Alex Blackwood and Molly Parker who are both crushing on two different girls. In an attempt to get them to notice them they come up with a five step plan on how to get their crushes to fall for them. Though they both realize they are falling for each other.
These books each have a special little place in my heart, they show great representation and I hope you guys will check them out whenever you can!